In 2016 WALGA began presenting a range of interactive and sector relevant webinars specifically developed for the Local Government sector.
Not only do Webinars allow you to hear from sector experts on topical issues affecting your Local Government, but they also allow you to interact with your colleagues from around the State without spending time and money travelling to a specific location.
Webinars will be announced throughout the year in response to the dynamic Local Government landscape, so make sure you regularly check this page to see the latest we have on offer. Alternatively you can subscribe to our monthly
Training eNews publication and have webinar notifications delivered direct to your email address.
EPA Briefing: Navigating the Environmental and Planning Approvals Process
Wednesday, 22 March
10:00AM - 12:00PM (AWST)
WALGA will host a briefing by the Office of the EPA (OEPA) on the referral and assessment process for planning and development applications.
Information covered will include:
- The role of OEPA’s Environmental Planning team;
- Interactions between the Environmental Planning Act 1986 and Planning and Development Act 2005;
- Referrals of scheme and scheme amendments;
- Referrals of development applications and proposals;
- Structure Plans and local planning strategies; and
- New EPA policies – what does it all mean.
The target audience is Local Government Officers only.
For more information or to register click
The following are recordings of previously held webinars:
Have a Suggested Topic?
If you have a topic that you think would make a worthwhile webinar, let us know via the contact details below.