WALGA's Planning Improvement Program, developed in accordance with feedback received from members, highlighted that there is a priority need for the provision of high quality, tailored and accessible Town Planning education for Local Government personnel including CEOs, Executives, Elected Members and Officers.
The Local Government Town Planning training developed by WALGA has been constructed specifically to address the fundamental skills required to operate effectively in the Local Government Town Planning environment.
Click to enlarge
Learning and Development Pathway
- Introduction to Planning is a free online resource that introduces the concepts of Town Planning as a core function of Local Government and is relevant to both Elected Members and Officers.
- Planning Practices - The Essentials
- Officers - Suitable for Officers who require a basic understanding of Planning in their role.
- Elected Members - Suitable for Elected Members who would like to increase their knowledge and understanding of their role within Local Government.
- Planning Practices - Advanced
- Officers - Suitable for Local Government Officers who are from other professional disciplines, or those that have a planning background from overseas or interstate who need to understand the WA planning system.
- Elected Members - Suitable for Elected members who have completed the Planning Practices - Essentials course (previously called Land Use Planning) and want to test their knowledge through discussion of practical examples of strategic and statuary applications.