Serving on Council (eLearning)
Serving on Council is designed to give Elected Members the confidence to perform their role on Council. This course has been specifically developed to address the unique needs of Elected Members in leading and supporting their communities whilst acting within the processes and procedures imposed on Local Government in general and, more specifically, at the governing body level.
The course provides an overview of the roles and responsibilities of Elected Members, the Local Government environment and Council operating procedures. It recognises both internal and external influences on Councillors and the necessity for them to perform their role in a due diligence.
Suitable for both newly elected and returning Elected Members who would like to refresh their knowledge and understanding of their role within Local Government.
As a result of completing this program, participants should be able to:
- legislation and regulations within which Councils must operate;
- role of Elected Members and senior management in leading and supporting their communities;
- expectations on Councillors to act in a ‘Board-like’ manner as the governing body; and
- processes involved in contributing successfully to Council and committee meetings.
Self-paced (approx. 3 hours online).
Enrol anytime (3 months to complete upon date of enrolment).
$195.00 (GST exempt)
Unlimited participants as a Site Licence. Contact us for a quote.
Relationship to Competency Standard
- LGAGENE501A - Undertake councillor roles and responsibilities
- LGAGENE503 - Perform the role of an elected member