Decision Making at a Governing Board Level (eLearning)
Decision Making at a Governing Board Level is designed to allow Councillors to look in-depth at the decision-making processes and capabilities required by those who have been elected to serve their communities within Local Government.
The course examines the separate but complementary roles and functions of those involved at the decision making levels of Local Government and why we depend on people to make the system work and not the other way around. Participation in this course provides insights into what it means to operate at the highest levels in Local Government that are not covered in any other units.
Suitable for both newly elected and returning Elected Members who would like to refresh their knowledge and understanding of their role within Local Government.
On completion of this program, participants should be able to gain:
- increased questioning and listening skills;
- improved lateral thinking;
- refined decision making processes;
- knowledge of legislation affecting Councils; and
- understanding of the responsibilities conferred upon Councillors to act responsibly and ethically.
Self-paced (approx. 3 hours online).
Enrol anytime (3 months to complete upon date of enrolment).
$195.00 (GST exempt)
Unlimited participants as a Site Licence. Contact us for a quote.
Relationship to Competency Standard
- LGAGENE304A - Conduct effective council meetings