This Preferred Supply Panel has been developed to facilitate direct access by Local Governments to occupational safety and health legal consultancy services suppliers in a simple and cost effective way.
Scope includes the capability to provide legal services to Members in accordance with the following Acts and Regulations (as amended or changed from time to time):
- Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984;
- Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996;
- Model Work Health and Safety Act; and
- Model Work Health and Safety Regulations.
All other legal services required by WA Local Government are offered via C017_12 Preferred Supply Panel for Legal Services.
The following services are included in the scope of this panel:
- Providing advice on pro-active compliance with health and safety legislation including advising local government officers on their personal duties
- Representation in the event of a prosecution
- Telephone advice
- Rapid response for urgent matters
- Adherence to response times negotiated with and agreed to by the nominated officer of the specific WALGA Member requesting the opinion
Due to the nature of the OSH Legal Services Preferred Supply Panel, and the confidentiality that exists between a client and solicitor, WALGA has established suitable reporting arrangements to facilitate management of the Contract, only requiring the Local Government name and project value.
Information that is confidential or which may interfere with the solicitor-client relationship is not required and is excluded from the reporting arrangements. Any information that is received by WALGA as part of the reporting process will be held in the strictest confidence and not released externally.