WALGA employs over 90 staff in a range of occupations who all work to achieve the organisation’s values.
Our vision as a respected industry association is to provide strong leadership and representation for Local Government and to assist in enhancing the capacity and public profile of Local Government. As an advocate for this sector, there are a diverse range of employment opportunities at WALGA in policy areas such as Environment and Waste, Governance and Strategy, Planning and Community Development, and Infrastructure, as well as our service areas of Recruitment, Employee Relations, Training, and Procurement.
This vision is realised through focus on the following core values:
||We value the contributions, views and needs of others.
||We demonstrate strong principles and process.
||We work with members and colleagues to develop, pursue and uphold shared goals.
||We build strong connections with our members and our staff.
Benefits of working at WALGA
WALGA cares about its employees and provides some fantastic benefits to ensure that professional growth and a work/life balance is achieved, this includes:
- 30 days annual leave
- WALGA anniversary leave (an additional one day leave to be taken on the anniversary of commencement of employment)
- Six weeks primary carers leave
- Up to four weeks purchased leave
- Health and wellbeing program (including health assessments, skin cancer screenings, flu vaccinations and ergonomic assessments)
- Modern building and working conditions. This building has achieved a 5-Star NABERS Energy rating and 5 Star Green Star rating
- Study assistance
- Vehicle purchasing through salary sacrifice (novated lease).
- Flexible working hours
Thank you for your interest in a position at WALGA.